Here is another Revit tool that I wrote the other day. It is called NumberStuffByDirection Revit Addin and it does exactly what the name suggests – it batch-numbers elements in sequence. Below you will find a short video demonstration on how it functions.
Basically you need to have an Integer Instance parameter in the elements that you want to number (i.e. parking spot number).
– After the installation run the plugin from your Addins tab
– Type in the parameter name (exactly the way it is)
– Specify the first number in sequence
– Pick the direction (xPos will number elements from Left to Right, xNeg – Right to Left, yPos – from Bottom to Top and yNeg from Top to Bottom
– Select a row or column of elements and hit the (Re)Number Selected Elements button
This will number the elements in sequence starting with the number you specified based on their location. It will also set the First Number text box value to the next value in sequence so you just need to select another row or column of elements, set the direction and hit the button.
Go to the Free Stuff (Downloads) page to download this addin for your version of Revit.